How to Reach Malam Jabba in Swat Valley
Malam Jabba’s extravagant scenery and beauty is the reason why it makes it into the top places to visit in Swat valley. This is lush grass laden area with a ski resort that’s the only ski resort in Pakistan.
However, to witness this mesmerizing sight of nature, you need to plan your trip to reach this beautiful hill station.
Let’s take a look at this detailed guide by Graana.com, Pakistan’s smartest property portal, on how to reach Malam Jabba in swat valley.
How to reach Malam Jabba in Swat Valley | The Switzerland of Pakistan
Malam Jabba is a great option for foreign tourists and international travellers who want to enjoy the beauty of the Switzerland of Pakistan, as well as enjoy skiing in winters.
Most people are not familiar with the details and routes to this beautiful destination, and we are here to guide you. Let’s go through the rest of the blog to learn about this.
|Location||Swat valley, Khyber Pakhtun Khuwa|
|Mountain Range||Hindu Kush|
|Distance from Islamabad||314 km|
|Distance from Swat||53 km|
|Travel Time from Swat||1 hour, 3 min|
|Travel Time from Islamabad||5 hours, 3 min|
|Route: Motorway||Saidu Sharif Airport, Islamabad – Swat Motorway|
|Famous Activities||Skiing, Chairlift|
|Famous Hotel||Pearl Continental Malamjabba|
Reach Malam Jabba through Flying | Saidu Sharif Airport
Swat District has its own airport located in its administrative centre, Saidu Sharif. The airport hosts local flights and is especially convenient for people coming from connected international flights or far-fetch areas.
Travelling by air not only minimizes the travel time but also helps conserve your energy to actually enjoy your time at the Malam Jabba resort afterwards.
From the airport, you’ll then have to hire a car or a jeep to travel to Malam Jabba, which is just a 1-hour drive from the airport. Pretty convenient, no?
Travel by Car | Islamabad – Swat Motorway
The newly constructed motorway to Swat is a brilliant addition to the tourism industry. It has made travelling for local and international tourists not only easier but also time-saving.
People from Islamabad can take the Islamabad-Peshawar route and take the Kernel Sher Interchange exit to follow the route to Swat.
From Swat, it is a 1-hour drive to Malam Jabba. Although there are a lot of steep turns, the scenic beauty makes up for everything along the way.
Travelling via motorway is a great and affordable option to go with your family and friends, especially if you’re close to Islamabad and Peshawar.
Route to Malam Jabba from Different Cities
Three main cities serve as the centre point form where people can measure the distance of going to this beautiful hill station.
These three cities are Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. The details for the route from each of these three cities by road is mentioned as follows.
Distance from Islamabad to Malam Jabba: Route Details
The distance from Islamabad to Malam Jabba stretches over 284 km. Meaning, this will take you around 6 hours to reach the place via the Swat motorway. If you’re confused about where to start, let’s walk through the steps that you can take on how to reach Malam Jabba.
- Start your journey by getting on the Islamabad-Peshawar motorway
- Next, exit from Kernal Sher Khan Interchange and continue to Swat Expressway
- Stay on the Swat expressway which extends to Katlang road for a length of 141 KM
- Exit Swat expressway from Sakhakot Palai Road Interchange
- Get on the Kallang Road and continue for a few kilometres
- The next step is to get on the Sowari-Mingora road
- After this, you can drive along the Malam Jabba road in Swat
- Keep following the road and you’ll reach the destination!
Distance from Lahore to Malam Jabba: Route Details
People from Lahore love to travel to hilly areas, and Malam Jabba is one of the best destinations to plan your trip to.
You can simply drive your way to the place, which although will take a long time but will be definitely worth the hassle.
The route to Malam Jabba from Lahore is a total of 619 km, taking approximately 9 to 10 hours to reach through the motorway.
- Start your drive via Lahore-Islamabad Motorway M-2 via the link Ferozepur Road.
- When you reach Islamabad, continue on to M-1, Islamabad-Peshawar Motorway
- After getting on M-1, continue your drive for about 482 kilometres
- Take the exit from Kernel Sher Khan Interchange to Swat Expressway
- Continue on Swat-Expressway and take the exit to Sowari-Mingora Road.
- Continue on Sowari-Mingora Road for a few kilometres to join the Malam Jabba Road.
- Drive all the way along Malam Jabba road to reach your destination.
- You have arrived!
Distance from Karachi to Malam Jabba: Route Details
Karachi to Malam Jabba is a long route, for which you’ll need to gear up all your energy.
Usually, people from Karachi either fly to Islamabad or Swat and then travel to the hill station, or they take rest day stops along the way.
However, for some people there is not enough budget to fly all across the way.
The total distance of the route from Karachi to Malam Jabba is 1661 km, which is in time about 22 hours to reach via Swat motorway.
So if you’ve decided to visit the Switzerland of Pakistan, you’ll need to keep this route in mind and plan accordingly.
- The first step is to get on the Lyari Expressway to Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway
- Follow along the road to Indus Highway in Jamshoro
- Get on the Sukkur-Multan Motorway M-5
- Continue your drive along the motorway for about 1065 km
- Take the exit from the Islamabad-Peshawar motorway via Kernal Sher Khan Interchange.
- Exit Swat expressway via Sakhakot Palai Road interchange and get on Katlang road.
- Take the Sowari-Mingora road which will lead you towards the Malam Jabba road.
- Get on the Malam Jabba Road and reach this beautiful hill station in Pakistan!
Don’t have a Car? Book a Trip or a Route Bus Service.
Ever since the Swat motorway has been launched, it has become the most favourable way for people to travel to Swat District and Malam Jabba. Because of its convenience and affordability, many people opt to travel via road.
In case you don’t own a car and are confused about your options for how to reach Malam Jabba in Swat Valley, you can easily travel via booking a ticket by route bus.
Additionally, you can even book a trip with travel agencies who will arrange transport and accommodation for you.
For people who are flying to Swat, they can rent a car in the area or use local transport to reach Malam Jabba. It is a beautiful place to visit, and definitely worth the hype.
These are the main places that you can set your centre as once you decide to start your journey to this mesmerizing place. There are a large number of local eateries and decent hotels that you can easily find accommodation in.
However, the summer season is quite busy; so you’ll have to book before you go for your convenience.
In this complete route guide on how to reach Malam Jabba in Swat Valley, you can find all route details as mentioned above. For more information, you can follow our blog at Graana.com.